WindLog™ is a compact, inexpensive wind data logger, designed to meet the needs of people considering the purchase of a wind turbine. While many people rely on wind maps to assist them with this purchase decision, these maps don’t provide the detailed information for a specific area. The WindLog allows you to do your own accurate wind study to optimize your turbine placement and its performance, once installed.
- 2 MB of flash memory stores over a year worth of wind data at a 10 min logging interval.
- Operates on 3 AA Alkaline or Lithium batteries.
- Uses USB power when connected to a computer.
- USB port provides fast downloads.
- Free Windows software.
- Logs average speed, wind gust and average direction.
- User selectable logging intervals from 1 minute to 1 hour